Elizabeth has a strong background in Utilization Review, Clinical Management, and Quality Assurance, and is both a CAMFT-approved Continuing Education provider (#99380) for therapists, and a CCAPP-approved Continuing Education provider (#5-17-274-1119) for drug counselors. She provides businesses with clinical support as they navigate accreditation, program development, managed care utilization review processes, and appeals with external organizations like the Department of Managed Health Care and the Department of Insurance.
Her high-level consulting work comes from her passion for improving the quality of care for mental health patients, and she feels strongly that streamlining administrative processes often leads to improved quality outcomes for patients.
She works with companies throughout California improving the quality of patient care, and speaks regularly at Continuing Education Law & Ethics events and conferences. Her partnerships and presentation partners include The American Addiction Treatment Association, Infinity Behavioral Health, the California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists, and the California Consortium of Addiction Programs & Professionals. Elizabeth is an engaging public speaker, known for her tongue-in-cheek style, and she is a professor in the Graduate Psychology Department at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California.
Consulting services offered include:
- Personalized, thorough, hands-on clinical documentation and Utilization Review training for clinicians and administrative management teams, including one-on-one trainings with individuals in Private Practice
- Program Development Plans, including Intensive Outpatient, Partial Hospitalization, and Residential levels of care
- Counseling about the initial clinical accreditation process and ongoing clinical accreditation reviews for organizations including CARF, The Joint Commission, and the State of California
- Comprehensive reviews of current clinical documentation practices in order to improve accreditation compliance, auditing results, and utilization review outcomes
- Guidance regarding the selection and implementation/training of Electronic Medical Records systems, including direct experience with Kipu, Centricity, Welligent, BestNotes, and Titanium
- The conceptualization, creation, and implementation of effective and efficient behavioral health clinical documentation in order to maximize the length of utilization review insurance authorizations and improve client care practices
- Guidance regarding appeals with the Department of Managed Health Care, the Department of Insurance, and other independent medical review organizations
- Clinical supervision of MFT Interns and Associate Clinical Social Workers
Elizabeth takes an individualized approach with each of her consulting clients and has acted as an adjunct member of management teams when necessary, offering first-hand, real-time utilization review and quality assurance insight.
Please inquire directly with Elizabeth about consulting availability and rates.