La Fuente Hollywood Treatment Center invites you to its first ETA (Eat. Think. Act) event, titled The LGBT Journey: From Political Movement to Treatment Model & Educating for the Future. ETA is a quarterly lunch & learn event with addiction treatment experts presenting on issues and ideas specific to the LGBT population. This panel-based presentation on January 17th will address the history of the LGBT movement and how political developments have impacted working with the LGBT population in substance use and mental health treatment. The panelists will address the difference in clinical needs of the specific subcultures within the LGBT community, and also discuss some of the ethical and legal considerations in relation to Best Practice while working with this population, including offering insight about how to advocate for these clients with insurance providers. This presentation will also discuss the importance of providing relevant and critical trainings to clinicians as a way to improve quality of care.
Moderated by Manny Rodriguez, CEO & Founder at La Fuente
- Elizabeth Irias, LMFT, Best Practice & Utilization Review Consultant in Private Practice
- Douglas Sadownick, PhD- Core Faculty at Antioch University
- Honey Dubrovsky, LMFT, Therapist in Private Practice
- Eddie Hunt, LMFT, Primary Therapist at La Fuente
- Understand some of the ethical and legal considerations in relation to treating LGBT individuals
- Learn the history of LGBT political movement
- Improve ability to address the specific needs of the LGBT subcultures
- Improve ability to assess the needs of their LGBT clients
Complimentary lunch served from 11:30am until 12:30pm. Two hours of free parking at The Grove Self Parking with validation from Maggiano’s; valet parking is $12.